Worrying About a junk in hotmail? want to know How to Block Junk Mail in Hotmail? Check the guide and know How to Block Junk Mail in Hotmail A major annoying problem is the presence of junk mail, also known as spam mail in the Inbox. Very often, junk mails are in the form of commercial advertising. However, sometimes, spam mails may contain viruses also since these are increasingly sent from computers which are infected with viruses. This makes it a more serious issue. There may be a few ways to deal with this junk in hotmail read and know How to Block Junk Mail in Hotmail from here.
Steps to Block Junk Mail in HotMail:
- To begin with, go to Settings and click on Options from the menu
- In the Options menu, click on Junk Mail
- Now select Filters and reporting
- Under this option you will see ‘Choose a junk email filter’. There will be two options available here:
Standard – This sends most junk email to the junk folder
Exclusive – This only sends emails from your Safe senders and Safe mailing lists
- Choose the Exclusive option if you want that kind of filtering.
- However, make sure that you check out your Junk folder from time to time so that just in case an important mail is sent there you can move it to the inbox.
Another option is to select specific emails and send them to the junk folder and then empty the junk folder. The steps to be followed are as listed as follows.
- Select the email you want to classify as junk by clicking on the checkbox next to it
- Select the Junk option
- Right click on the Junk folder
- Now select Empty folder followed by OK to empty the contents of the junk folder
Blocking a Sender in HotMail:
In case you want to block a particular sender or a domain in Hotmail, the following steps will need to be followed.
- Go to Options and then select Preventing junk email
- Select Safe and block senders
- Then select Blocked Senders
- Enter the email address or domain that you want to block
- Now click on Add to list
- That email address or domain will now be added to the list of blocked senders
- It is easy to unblock or remove the sender from the blocked list in case you change your mind later
However, blocking senders and Blocking Junk Mail in Hotmail is relatively less effective in combating junk mail compared to exclusive filtering. But if you know specific email addresses or domains that you do not want to receive emails from, then it is a very useful method.
To conclude, dealing with junk in hotmail is a serious issue and it is essential to be aware of possible ways of effectively doing so. The job is made all the more difficult due to the fact that along with the junk or spam mail, sometimes important emails may also get filtered. Therefore it is always advisable to keep checking the junk folder also or to add all important email addresses from which you expect important emails to your Hotmail Contacts in order to prevent them from going to the junk folder. Moreover, one must always install antivirus software in order to keep the computer safe from any viruses that may come with junk emails. hope you like the artcle How to Block Junk Mail in Hotmail! if you still have doubts on How to Block Junk Mail in Hotmail do comment below we will clarify your doubts. thank you.